
Hello there, sorry it has been awhile since I have posted,like I have and will say, I'm only a teenager, but alas, we meet again! This Sunday was Mothers Day so I hope you all wished your mothers a good day and didn't have to be reminded (cough cough). For the festivities I decided to cook my mom a meal for her special day, but of course I chose, since it had to be one of my D.S recipes and it would be much easier for me to find a recipe for her then to show her how to work the D.S., although I love her dearly, technology seems to be her weakness! With those matters behind, I settled on a braised brisket with homemade mashed potatoes and asparagus, and for desert, chocolate mousse. As usual, I started off my cooking adventure for the week at the grocery store to acquire the ingredients necessary, like the brisket

,asparagus,potatoes, etc... all was fine until I made my way to the produce section and low and behold there was no asparagus to be found! With much regret, I had to settle on frozen asparagus. Now, the cooking of the meal was much easier then the previous dishes I have cooked. I think what made it seem easier was that I took breaks and spaced out the dishes and didn't do everything at once, future advice for myself. The brisket had to be pre-cook/browned then cooked for 3 hours in the oven in a dutch oven with onions, chicken broth,beef broth, whole bay leaves( to be removed later, thyme, white wine ( supposed to be red), and flour. The mashed potatoes and asparagus were prepared in the original way except the asparagus was broiled and then topped with fresh lemon juice to add some extra flavor to the plain veggietable. The chocolate mousse was deffintly the hardest to cook because you had to be delicate with the whipped egg whites and whipping cream while "folding" them into the melted chocolate and egg yolk mixture, my advice would be to use semisweet chocolate to make the mousse a little sweeter. As a result of my tedious work was a happy mother on mothers day and full stomachs for the whole family. The brisket was the hit of the night making it my best dish to date! The rest of the meal was spectacular but I would deffinitly use fresh asparagus because the frozen tends to be limp and not crisp. This meal was deffinitly my favorite. That is it for now! Tune in next week to see what I cook next. Wish me luck on my cooking adventure
Chef Elena
.
Hunger is the best sauce in the world.
Cervantes
That was an amazing dinner chef Elena! I think I liked the brisket the most and then the mousse of course! Keep up the good work and send some food up here please!
ReplyDelete-Aex-
Gahhh why was I not there for this?? It sounds delicious.
ReplyDelete