

Its Two days after cooking slow cooker chicken with roasted potatoes and lemon bars and my family is craving for more! The chicken in the slow cooker was cooked to

perfection, to the point that it was falling apart. The onion and mushroom pre-sauce permeated into the chicken awesomely and the after-sauce of whipping cream and tarragon was the perfect compliment to the strong flavors of the onion and various herbs. All in all the chicken was another hit but it was again, very time consuming, taking 4 hours to cook and 1 hour to prepare! The roasted potatoes were decent but the next time I c

ook them I would use yellow potatoes and peal the skin. Roasting regular whole potatoes makes the skin tough and hard to chew and therefore not too appetizing. The Creamy italian dressing was excellent from what my parents tell me since I'm not a salad eater but they said it could use a little less oil. LEMON BARS, the hit of the night. Thankfully I made extra, because everyone wanted seconds and thirds! Even though the lemon was strong, the sweet crust neutralized the bitterness of the lemon. I will deffinitly be making lemon bars and slow cooker chicken again! That's it for now! Come back next week to see what recipe Im going to tackle next! Wish me luck on my cooking adventure!
Chef Elena
Non-cooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet.
Julia Child
I can testify to the lemon bars being amazing...they were great even though i had them days after. Nice work chef E. Keep up the good work and I'll be checking in to see what you're cookin up next!
ReplyDelete