Monday, April 26, 2010

First day in the kitchen

I recently received the "America's Test Kitchen, Let's Get Cooking" D.S. game for my birthday and after watching the new movie"Julie and Julia" I became inspired to start my own little cooking adventure. Although I am much younger then "Julie" and far less busy I still would like to create my own challenge and further my interest in cooking. I have always enjoyed cooking and I believe this is a good way to enjoy it even more. My mom "Carol" will be helping me along the way with various recipes and of course financial support ( I am only 16). For my "cooking challenge" I would like to "cook my way through" the "America's Test Kitchen, Let's Get Cooking" D.S. game. There are 300 recipes and I hope to get through all of them. During this experience I hope to open my taste buds to a variety of new flavors and try new things like seafood(ugh).My deadline is nonexistent at the moment because I ,unlike Julie, am doing this as more as a hobby.
It is my first day in the kitchen and I could not be happier. I was able to search around my game today and see what recipes I would like to start out with. After an hour of searching I settled on a recipe for a "grilled mozzarella and red pepper sandwich" and "strawberry shortcake". I will have to go to the grocery store to get most of the ingredients, like capers, fresh thyme and parsley for the sandwiches. Tonight will be interesting and I hope all goes well on my own little Adventure through a virtual Cook Book. Wish me luck!
Chef Elena

1 comment:

  1. EGGY = Student/Athlete/Driver/Chef (not in that order)

    ReplyDelete